Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week 8

WEEK 8

Dear Deborah and colleagues,

This course is really amazing. We have learned many tools that we can use in our classroom as alternatives for English teaching. During this week I have explored some of the tools provided in the reading which are very enjoyable. Hot Potatoes is a revelation, an amazing tool that will help to save a teacher’s time. Easy test maker seems to be a useful tool and is similar to hot potatoes. I haven’t used them yet in my classes, but I will do some work on them to see which one will serve my purposes according to their characteristics.
I consider that with these tools we can promote student’s autonomy because when we create tasks to be used and solved using a computer online or offline, learners can access it at anytime and decide according to their time when and which way complete the task. So, when they take this kind of responsibilities and do the task on time and in a good way leads to autonomy.
From this course we have learned about the importance of technology in learning language, so I consider that to get good results with our learners we have to explain and to clarify to them about the significance of these tools.

Best regards,

Carlos

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carlos,

    Yes, I agree that this is good for learners who want to repeat the same task and do the work on their own time. I think it is especially good for the "slow" or "weak" learners who need more time to practice at home and at the same time it is especially good for the "quick" or "strong" learners who finish their tasks quickly and get bored while waiting for other classmates… so each one work on her or his pace.

    Best,
    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete